"In all cases, Sol's team are highly qualified and experienced in providing expert evidence at planning inquiries, hearings and judicial reviews."
What can we do?
We offer Sustainability and Low Carbon Development Advice in these areas:
We can provide a full scope of services to support your organisation, from project inception to final construction and operation. Sol’s approach ensures that where possible environmental planning and permitting considerations are considered in tandem, an approach which is proven and will provide the shortest possible lead time, lowest overall cost and consistent buy-in from all statutory consultees and regulators. Sol can provide the full range of disciplines typically required for planning and has a proven track record in providing advice and support across a broad range of development situations.
We can also provide further Planning Support Services in the following areas:
- Phase 1 and Phase 2 site assessment
- Air quality and odour impact prediction, assessment and control
- Water quality studies, flood risk assessment and sustainable water use
- Ecological studies, Phase 1 habitat surveys, nature conservation assessment and management plans
- Noise and vibration measurement, monitoring, prediction, assessment and control
- Archaeological and built heritage appraisal
- Identification and assessment of impacts on and from ground conditions, including site investigations, contamination risk assessments and remediation design
- Assessment and mitigation of landscape and visibility impacts
- Construction impact management, preparation and implementation of Construction Method Statements
Download our factsheets:
CO2 and Energy Strategy & Statements
Consideration of energy efficiency and low carbon impact of new developments is a key consideration at both national and regional planning. A majority existing and emerging core strategies require committment and adherence to mandatory minimum CO2 ratings that go beyond those stipulated by t he Part L of the Building Regulations. The government has a zero / net zero carbon emissions target for all new development and are pushing the complaince to the BREEAM standard across many regions and sectors. Therefore, the requirement for developers to adopt robust and compliant energy strategies for to all new and proposed developments is increasingly significant and demanding.
Energy Modelling and Certification
All residential and commercial buildings are required to have their energy performance to be modelled and certificated. Sol are qualified energy assessors and can provide a range of detailed energy modelling services as well as domestic and commercial EPC's. We can advise on themes cost effective strategy and building design to meet the most stringent and demanding energy standards and assist in the development low carbon developments across many commercial sectors.
The Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) is a widely used assessment method which evaluates and certifies the environmental performance of a building. BREEAM 2018 sets the standard for best practice in sustainable design and is the de-facto measure used to describe a building’s sustainability and environmental performance. Credits are awarded in ten categories according to performance (on a scale of Pass, Good, Very Good, Excellent and Outstanding).